Wednesday 10 February 2016

Horn Menace



Few days ago, I drove to a place and as I was walking into a building, a thought flashed through my mind. "How does this Lions horn sound? Are you sure the horn still works?" etc. As I was pondering this thoughts/questions, I quickly rushed back to the Lion, pressed the horn switch. I smiled when I heard that unique Peugeot horn sound. I started wondering why I felt something could be wrong with the horn or why I didn't remember how the lions horn sound. Then it hit me,
because I have not used the horn for a very long time. I wasn't using the horn because there was never a need for it.

You might be wondering what Lion King is yapping about this time. Take a minute, walk round your Lion, take look at the Lion. How many scratches, dents, patches, weldings, similar paint colours or panel beatings, shows on body of that Lion? Will get to this later.

When you form habit of blowing horn every moment you are behind steering wheel, you are manifesting something. It's not some superstitious jargon. You don't have to agree with me. But when do that, you are training your body into something and something is also manifesting in environment that surrounds you.

You blow horn every time because you have trained your body to be so tensed that you have consciously accepted impatience as a norm, even though I am not asking you to be patient. You blow the horn all the time, because you didn't want him or her to get in your way, dive in your front or "Watch it, fool!" Or "I am on the right lane, so back off and let me pass first". The thing is this, you do that often when you drive in the city. And when you are that tensed driving in the city, you find yourself racing your engine or doing the menace called Bumper to bumper driving style. Most people these days drive so close to vehicles in front of them that a piece of paper can't pass in-between their front bumpers and rear bumpers of vehicles in their front. Yet they keep wondering why their bumpers or fenders look so messy.

Doing bumper to bumper driving will increase number of times you brake the car. The more you brake the car, the hotter the brake discs, hence, frequent disc warp or disc failure . And when your brake fluid boils and water contents happens to be over 4% in the fluid, unexpected brake failure becomes your reality.

When you are so tensed on drivers seat, you race your engine. And trust me, racing your engine on city roads does not go down well with your engine. It's killing the engine. So, you need to know one of the reasons your car engine is always failing or getting weak. Engine hardly warm up well in city driving and racing a cold engine is like a ticket for your engines graveyard.  Also, when you race your engine, you burn more fuel.

When you are driving on a city road, just relax. Find favorite songs and listen to them while driving. Don't bother about news that can put you on edge. Tune to radio station or frequency that plays songs you like or simply slot in discs of your favorite songs. Remove your attention from menace going on before you, behind you or beside you on road and just drive and have fun. All that l talked about above were manifestations of tensed driving. It's all about the manner in which you drive in the city. You might think it's just a horn and whats the big deal. It's about what its doing to you, what it's manifesting which could be very unpleasant. Even traffic Jam is a manifestation.

If it has become a habit, you can still change the habit or turn it around. Do a small test. Decide for the next 3 days or 7 days, you will not touch your horn switch. It will retrain your body to act in certain ways in some situations you would act tensed. People seek for and pay huge amount of money for all kind of Therapies to control blood pressure and similar issues. You have a free one I am bringing to your awareness.

My Suggestion is to use horn only when it's absolutely necessary. Because you can actually do without it for a long time, if you want to. If I can do it, You Can. However, you always have a choice.

Enjoy your Lion!


Ikenna, Lion King.


No comments:

Post a Comment