Sunday 13 March 2016

Are You Sure It Is What It Is?

I entered a private medical Clinic with my brother at Awka in early '90s (1992 maybe), to take last injection for malaria treatment, as diagnosed by the doctor. Inside his office, he beckoned on me to come for the injection where he was seated, across his table where I sat with my brother. I walked to him, he inserted the syringe needle in my buttocks and injected the drugs. While he was removing the syringe from my buttocks, I slumped and fell into his arms. I couldn't lift a finger or utter a word. I was passing out and gazing at my brother, while he was watching me helplessly, slipping out of life before his very eyes.

 

Suddenly, I started seeing and hearing things. While the doctor was confused, shouting my name or something like that out loud and my brother speechless, something else was going on in the reality I was which they had no clue. I was very much conscious, I could hear the doctor's voice at the background very faint. But everything and everyone in that room became blurred to my vision. Something else was dominant, the other sounds and stuffs I was seeing.





Suddenly, everything varnished. My strength was back again. Everything in that room became clear again, including the doctor's voice. It was as if nothing happened to me before. I walked out of the clinic with my brother minutes later, but couldn't explain to him and my parents what I experienced those moments or however long I was in that state, for only my brother and the doctor could tell how long it lasted. My brother knew what he saw, but only me knew and still knows what I experienced or what really happened to me.

I couldn't talk to anyone about it because I couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't even know what to explain. Besides, who would understand my explanation? Because what I experienced goes against what I was taught and raised to believe or what others would accept. And because I wanted to continue to fit in, be accepted and not perceived as "Weird" by others, I suppressed that experience and never spoke a word to anyone about it until this very moment I am writing this.



Our Inner Beings, or whatever you want to call yours, could use Near-Death experience sometimes to get a message across to us or get us to understand what it really is from what we think it is or we were/are told or meant to believe it is. But sometimes, due to resistance we have built up from beliefs systems we picked up while growing up, we tend to ignore them or they don't make sense to us.



That information delivered to me that day, was meant for me and me only. I only have a choice to share it if I want to. It was when I recently let go of resistance that I knew where the information came from, why it came and why it had to come the way it did. You don't have to understand me, because you were not there. Only you know you and what you have experienced before now.



How real your beliefs about life on this planet are, may not be exactly or how really they are. It doesn't mean you are wrong if you think or believe otherwise. You have that choice. You always do.




Ikenna, Lion King.

No comments:

Post a Comment